The purpose of the research is to determine the professional physical fitness of students studying in the direction of 49.03.01 «Physical culture», profile «Physical education» in the discipline «Theory and methodology of teaching basic sports (gymnastics)» in the Voronezh State Academy of Sports (VGAS).
Methods and organization of the research. The professional physical fitness of students was assessed comprehensively according to the indicators of theoretical (category «to know»), methodological (category «to be able»), practical (category «to possess») readiness. Methods of testing, control tests, mathematical statistics, analysis, synthesis, generalization, systematization were used. The research was conducted from April to June 2021. It was attended by 19 first-year students who completed their studies in the discipline «Theory and methodology of teaching basic sports (gymnastics)».
Results of the research. Based on the results of a comprehensive testing of students in the discipline «Theory and methodology of teaching basic sports (gymnastics)», the level of their theoretical and practical physical fitness was assessed as satisfactory, the level of methodological physical fitness - as low. In terms of theoretical readiness, the greatest difficulties are associated with the history of the formation of gymnastics, the classification and the form of recording exercises, with giving commands during the implementation of marching and combined developing exercises. In terms of methodological readiness, the difficulties are associated with historical aspects of the origin and development of the sport, a summary of its characteristics, a clarification of the technique of exercises, an indication of possible mistakes and ways to prevent them, an explanation of the requirements for the necessary sports equipment. In terms of practical readiness, the difficulties are associated with setting of particular aims of the lesson, the description of methods of insurance and assistance, graphical recording of exercises, demonstration of confidence and command voice, choice of location and angle for showing the exercise, provision of accurate explanations, preparation of equipment for the lesson.
Conclusion. The results of the research make it possible to identify areas of activity for the correction of the work program for the academic discipline «Theory and methodology of teaching basic sports (gymnastics)».
- Akulova A.I. The work program of the discipline (module) «Theory and methodology of teaching basic sports»: WPD (gymnastics) VSIPC / A. I. Akulova. – Voronezh, 2020. – 37 p.
- Vlasova, V. P. Physical culture as a factor in the formation of the health-forming competence of the future teacher / V. P. Vlasova, V. V. Akamov, O. V. Chetaykina, I. V. Danilin // Modern problems of science and education. – 2019. – No. 6. – p. 87.
- Dardanova, N. A. The use of various forms of distance learning when conducting training sessions on the discipline «gymnastics» with students of physical education universities / N. A. Dardanova, E. I. Yaroslavtseva, A. S. Korzhakova, O. Yu. Gorelova // Scientific notes of the university named after P.F. Lesgaft. – 2021. – No.10 (100). – pp. 102-105.
- Koturanova, I. D. Problems of training future teachers of physical culture in the light of new requirements of the Federal State Educational Standard / I. D. Koturanova // Bulletin of the Kaluga University. – 2019. – № 4 (45). – Pp. 129-131.
- Lukyanenko, V. P. On teaching theoretical material at physical culture lessons / V. P. Lukyanenko, N. V. Mukhanova // Physical culture at school. – 2020. – No.4. – pp. 13-18.
- Rumba, O. G. On the revision of the content of physical education in the context of combining the continuity of its historical development with the actual demands of time / O. G. Rumba, A. V. Sysoev // Proceedings of the Russian Academy of Education. – 2021. – № 1-2 (54). – Pp. 49-62.
- Syromyatnikova, O. G. Formation of skills in the process of studying the discipline "theory and methodology of teaching basic sports: gymnastics" / O. G. Syromyatnikova, G. V. Povalyaeva // Physical education of Siberia. – 2015. – Vol. 33, No. 1. – pp. 45-48.
- Sysoev, A. V. On the continuity of training of coaching personnel in the context of a retrospective of physical education / A. V. Sysoev, O. G. Rumba // Bulletin of the Voronezh state university. Series: Problems of higher education. – 2022. – No. 1. – pp. 82-88.
- Federal State Educational standard of higher education - bachelor's degree in the field of training 49.03.01 Physical culture: appendix to the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation No. 940 dated September 19, 2017 [Electronic resource]. – Access mode https://fgosvo.ru/uploadfiles/FGOS%20VO%203 ++/Bak/490301_B_3_30102017.pdf (accessed 27.04.2022).
- Tsilke, N. G. Improving the methods of teaching gymnastic exercises to students of the general course of a physical education university: abstract of the dissertation of the Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences: specialty: 13.00.04 "Theory and methodology of physical education, sports training, wellness and adaptive physical culture» / Tsilke Natalia Grigorievna; Sib. State University of Physical culture and sports. – Omsk, 2016. – 22 p.
- Sitra A.M. Development of a basic gymnastics course textbooks for students : Syllabus / Sitra Azhariat Malasari, Pasharik Juntara ; Faculty of Physical Education, Department of Teacher Education and Training Universitas Muhammadiyah Kotabumi, Lampung, Indonesia Kinestetik // Jurnal Ilmiah Pendidikan Jasmani 5 (1) (2021). 121-127 pp.