Currently, the social well-being of Russian citizens, the quality of life of its residents, are the subject of numerous sociological studies. The results obtained provide the opportunity to make adjustments to the state policy in the social sphere. Studies that identify key social problems of the young generation of Russians are especially important. One of the most acute problems is the quality of education. Educational institutions realize the importance of this issue. They carry out numerous surveys, questionnaires and focus groups among students and educators, and seek the opinion of the expert community. Of course, such studies provide an overview of the key issues, but they are mainly based on traditional methods that are well known to both educators and students. As a result, participants are not always ready to provide objective information, which ultimately affects the quality of research. This situation requires the use of modern research methods both in the field of sociology and in the field of marketing.
The purpose of the study: to identify determining factors for the lack of satisfaction of students with physical education at the university. This will increase motivation for attendance of physical education classes at the university.
Methods and organization of research: We used the focus group  method with elements of the metamorphic method to obtain reliable information about the attitude of students to the "Physical culture" course. The study consisted of two stages. At the first stage, participants visually displayed their attitude to the "Physical culture" course. At the second stage, respondents were asked additional questions.
Results. The main factors that contribute to willingness to attend the "Physical culture" course are: the ability to choose the type of activity during classes and characteristics of the educator. At the same time, we revealed the factors that repel from attending the "Physical culture" course. This is an infrastructure and not appropriate time for physical education according to students’ opinion.
Conclusion. The research revealed the attitude of students to the "Physical culture" course. It helped to understand how to enhance willingness to attend these classes.
1. Muhammad Amir Adam Focus Group Dynamics, Lambert Academic Publishing – 2017. – 108 p.
2. M. M. Bariev, R. A. Iusupov, V. M. Ermolaev-Formation and development of the Russian National GTO Health and Fitness program in the USSR and modern Russia // Theory and practice of physical culture [Teoriia i praktika fizicheskoi kultury]. Moscow: TiPFK, 2016, No 1. – pp. 94-97.
3. Vilenskii, M. Ia. Physical culture (for bachelors) / M. Ia. Vilenskii. – Moscow: KnoRus, 2017. – 128 p.
4. Agadzhanian N. A., Dvoenosov V. G., Ermakova N. V., Morozova G. V., Iusupov R. A. Motor activity and health. - Kazan: KSU Publishing house [Izd-vo KGU], 2005. pp. 20-26.
5. Gerald Zaltman and Lindsay Zaltman Marketing Metaphoria: What Deep Metaphors Reveal About the Minds of Consumers, Harvard Business Press – 2008. – 230 p.
6. Litvinov, S. A. Methods of teaching physical culture. Calendar and thematic planning: a textbook for universities / S. A. Litvinov. – 2nd ed. – Moscow: Iurait publishing house [Izdatelstvo Iurait], 2020. – 413 p.
7. Morgan, David L. (1996). "Focus Groups". Annual Review of Sociology. 22: pp. 129-152.
8. Nikitushkin, V. G. Health-improving technologies in the system of physical education: a textbook for universities / V. G. Nikitushkin, N. N. Chesnokov, E. N. Chernysheva. – 2-nd edition. – Moscow: Iurait publishing house [Izdatelstvo Iurait], 2020. – 246 p.
9. Pivovarova I. A. Metamorphic model of Zaltman as a method of marketing and social research // Social reality of virtual space : proceedings of the 1-st International Conference on Science and Practice, September 20-23, 2019 [Metamorfnaia model Zaltmana kak metodika marketingovykh i sotsialnykh issledovanii]. Publishing house : Irkutsk state University [Izd-vo Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta]. Irkutsk 2019. pp. 408-412.
10. Daniel H. Pink, "Marketing Metaphor" Fast Company, April/May 1998, p. 216.
11. Physical culture and physical training: Textbook / Ed. Kikotii V. Ia., Barchukova I. S. – M.: Unity, 2017. – 288 p.
12. Focus-group - Definition of focus group in English by Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary. Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary – Oxford University Press, 2010 – P. 599