The purpose of the study was a comparative analysis of the genetic status of rowing athletes and swimmers of high sports qualifications.
Methods and organization of research. The cohort studies brought together a control group (215 people), a group of rowers (215 people) of high qualification (Candidates Masters of Sports - 54, Masters of Sports - 102, Masters of Sports International Class - 59); a group of swimmers (127) of high qualification (Candidates Masters of Sports - 114, Masters of Sports - 13). The typing of the polymorphism of the studied genes was carried out using the method of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) with subsequent processing of the amplification by restriction endonucleases (NlaIII, TaqI, MspI, BslI).
The results of the study. We have substantiated the panel of genetic markers that determine successful performance in rowing, including the following polymorphic systems: I / D of the ACE gene, Met174Thr of the AGT gene, Ser482Gly of the PPARGC1A gene, + 294T / C of the PPARD gene, G2027C of the PPAPA gene, S / L of the 5HTT gene; T102C of the 5HT2A gene. Despite the relative similarity of requirements for successful performance in rowing and swimming, significant differences in the genetic status of successful athletes were revealed.
Conclusion. Analysis of the expression of genetic markers, the number of which is constantly increasing, makes it possible to predict not only the development patterns of physical qualities of an athlete, but also to assess his training potential. It helps us to identify approaches to the development and correction of training programs for specific athletes based on their genetic status. Summarizing the results of the initial selection in the cyclic sports section, we can recommend the analysis of the following polymorphic markers: I / D gene ACE, Thr174Met gene AGT, G2528C gene PPARA, Gly482Ser gene PPARGC1A, + 294T / C gene PPARD, C102T gene 5HT2 L, 5HTA S gene 5HTT.
- Akhmetov, I. I. Molecular genetics of sports : monograph / I. I. Akhmetov. – M. : Soviet Sport [Sovetskii sport], 2009. – 268 p.
- Bezuglaia, V. Overexertion of the cardiovascular system in athletes: causes, manifestations, diagnostics, prevention / V. Bezuglaia // Science in Olympic Sports [Nauka v Olimpiiskom sporte]. – 2016. – N 1. – P. 33-39.
- Кallaur, E. G. Assessment of the genotype and functional state of athletes during selection in rowing and kayaking : monograph / E. G. Kallaur, V. V. Shantorovich; Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus, Mozyr State Ped. Univ [Ministerstvo obrazovaniia Respubliki Belarus, Mozyr. Gos. Ped. un-t]. – Mozyr : MGPU, 2014. – 76 p.
- Kvashuk, P. V. Classification of means and methods for the development of special endurance of rowers and kayakers / P. V. Kvashuk, V. F. Kaverin, S. V. Verlin, I. N. Maslova // Academic notes of the P.F. Lesgaft University [Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta]. – 2013. – N 10 (104). – Р. 86-90.
- Kruchinskii, N. G. Genetic markers of the successful sport performance as an element of the genetic monitoring program for the identification of sport profiles and individualization of the training process of athletes / N. G. Kruchinskii [et al.] // Proceedings of the 3rd Conference on Science and Practice "Innovative technologies in training athletes" [Innovatsionnye tekhnologii v podgotovke sportsmenov : materialy 3-i nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii] // Electronic book in PDF format. – M. : Moskomsport GKU "TSSTiSK", 2015. – P. 40-43.
- Lebed, T. L. Molecular genetic typing of polymorphisms: a genetic forecast of the anthropometric characteristics of rowers: guidelines / T. L. Lebed, S. B. Melnov. – Pinsk : PolesGU, 2016. – 25 p.
- Marinich, V. V. Assessment of the health status of adolescent athletes: psychogenetic aspects / V. V. Marinich, N. V. Shepelevich, T. V. Marinich // Vorontsov readings. St. Petersburg – 2019: proceedings of the XII Russian Conference on Science and Practice with International Participation, St. Petersburg, February 28-March 2, 2019 [Vorontsovskie chteniia. Sankt-Peterburg – 2019 : sbornik materialov XII Rossiiskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem, Sankt-Peterburg, 28 fevralia – 2 marta 2019] / St. Petersburg Regional Branch of the ‘Pediatricians Union of Russia’ public organization [Sankt-Peterburgskoe regionalnoe otdelenie obshchestvennoi organizatsii ‘Soiuz pediatrov Rossii’]; scientific editors: E. M. Bulatova, I. A. Kelmanson. – SPb. : ITTs "Symbol", 2019. – P. 38-41.
- Mosse, I. B. Sports genetics: yesterday, today, tomorrow // BSU papers [Trudy BGU]. – 2012. – V. 7, Part 1. – P. 56-68.
- Shepelevich, N. V. Features of the genetic profile of endurance in rowers / N. V. Shepelevich, T. L. Lebed, S. B. Melnov // Ecological Bulletin [Ekologicheskii vestnik]. – 2013. – N 4 (26). – P. 20-24.
- Adayev T., Ranasinghe B., Banerjee P. Transmembrane signaling in the brain by serotonin, a key regulator of physiology and emotion // Biosci. Rep. – 2005. –Vol. 25. – P. 363-385.
- De Moor, M. H. Genome-wide linkage scan for athlete status in 700 British femail DZ twin pairs / M. H. De Moor, T. D. Spector, L. F. Cherkas [et al.] // Twin Res Hum Genet. – 2007. – Vol. 10. – P. 812-820.
- Jacob, Y. The Potential Role of Genetic Markers in Talent Identification and Athlete Assessment in Elite Sport / Y. Jacob [еt аl.] // Sports. – 2018. – Vol. 6 (3). – Abstract-ID: 6030088.
- Maliuchenko N., Sysoeva O., Vediakov A. Effect of 5HTT genetic polymorphism on aggression in athletes // Zh Vyssh Nerv Deiat Im I. P. Pavlova. – 2007. – Vol. 57 (3). – P. 276-281.
- Marinich, V. V. Genetic and phenotypic markers for successful athletic performance forecast / V. V. Marinich // Pedagogy and Psychology of Sport. – 2018. – Vol 4, N 2. – P. 85-94.
- Wisloff, U. Cardiovascular risk factors emerge after artificial selection for low aerobic capacity / U. Wisloff, S. M. Najjar, O. Ellingsen [et al]. // Sci. – 2005. – Vol. 307. – P. 418-420.
- Yevdaliuk, S. V. Development of the Athletes recruiting system in cyclic sports based on individual morphophunctional and genetics parameters / S. V. Yevdaliuk [еt аl.] // 20-th Annual Congress of the ECSS, Malmo – Sweden 24–27 June 2015. – Book of Abstracts. – Abstract-ID: 1259.