The purpose is to elaborate the technology for the development of tactical and technical skills of tennis and badminton players with the use of augmented reality devices.
Methods. In our research, we used the following methods: analysis and generalization of scientific and methodological literature, video analysis, optical coding of the playing field.
Results. The research resulted in the elaboration of the innovative technology for the development of tactical and technical skills of tennis and badminton players, which includes the use of an interactive training complex with an augmented reality device. The peculiarity of our technology is that the coach can suggest the optimal zone of attack for the player with a light pointer, using an augmented reality device, in real time at any period of the game. In this case, one or several players can participate in the training process with the use of augmented reality devices at the same time. According to the accuracy of the coach's prompts (via light signals), the ball's delivery to a particular area of the opponent's court and the player's optimal movement on the court after the attack, it is possible to assess the athlete's readiness to perform the most complex and, consequently, more effective technical and tactical actions in a specific game situation and in the game as a whole.
Conclusion. The proposed innovative technology provides the development of necessary playing skills of tennis or badminton players. It increases technical and tactical readiness of players and individualizes the training process through the simulation of different game situations. This is a brand new and effective training tool. We received confirmation of a decision to grant a patent of the Russian Federation for this method of training. This training tool will facilitate the obtainment of qualitative and quantitative data that were previously unavailable for sport professionals.
1. Afonshin, V.E., Drandrov G.L., Konovalov I.E. [Coaching of young football players on ball control and dribbling techniques with the use of interactive training complex]. Science and sport: current trends [Nauka i sport: sovremennye tendentsii]. 2018, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 26-31. (in Russ.).
2. Babushkin, G.D., Shumilin A.P., Salakhov R.E. [Reflection and intuition in the structure of competitive activity of an athlete]. Sports psychologist [Sportivnyi psikholog]. 2009, no. 3(18), pp. 33-35.
3. Kovalev, V.D., Golomazov V.A., Keraminas S.A. Sport games: a textbook for students of pedagogical institutes. Moscow, Enlightenment Publ., 1988, 21 p.
4. Radchich, I.Iu. [Approaches to advanced individualization and monitoring technology for coaching players in connection with the Olympic selection issue]. Theory and practice of physical culture [Teoriia i praktika fizicheskoi kultury]. 2003, no. 11, pp. 16-19.
6. Emacula. Available at: http://innovega-inc.com/
7. Polevshchikov M.M., Afonshin V.E., Rozhentsov V.V. Patent 2605510 of the Russian Federation, MPK A63V 69/00, Method of tactical and technical coaching of athletes in game sports / – N. 2015129789/12; application. 20.07.2015; publ. 20.12.16, Bul. no. 35, 12 p.
8. Eagles Hi-Tech. Marketingpro Publ., 2009, no. 3, vol. 52. P. 76.
9. Epson Moverio BT-200. Available at: https://hi-tech.mail.ru/review/epson_moverio_bt-200-rev/
10. The Eurasian Patent 027931 Method of tactical and technical training of athletes / Afonshin V.E., Rozhentsov V.V., Rybakov A.E., PCT/RU2014/000100, pab. date 29.09.2017.