The analysis of modern literature revealed the lack of scientifically based training system for sumo wrestlers of various ages and qualifications, including for the early training phase. The purpοse of the study: to identify indicators of psycho-physiological skills of young sumo wrestlers aged 7-9. Research objectives: 1) to study the issue of optimization of the initial training stage for children involved in sumo wrestling, 2) to study the indicators of psycho-physiological peculiarities of children aged 7-9, 3) to identify promising areas for using the data obtained to increase the effectiveness of the training process of the beginners.
Methods and organization of the research: analysis of scientific literature; pedagogical observations of training activities; methods of psychological diagnosis ("Psychodiagnostics" program); methods of mathematical statistics. We carried out pedagogical observations of the training activities of children aged 7-10 in Samara. The research included testing of psycho-physiological indicators of 18 children aged 7-9, with 1-2 years of total training experience. We carried out the study of indicators of psycho-physiological qualities of children at the initial stage of training.
Results and discussion. Pedagogical observations of the training activities of children have revealed a number of problems occurring at the initial training stage. Due to the lack of a unified concept of multi-year sumo training, different teachers and trainers implement various approaches to the activity management. They use various techniques to control the parameters of physical fitness and training activities. Training programs do not consider the psycho-physiological characteristics of children. It reduces the efficiency of training programs and primary selection. The research substantiated the indicators of psycho-physiological skills of young sumo wrestlers aged 7-9. Conclusion. Training programs at the initial stage disregard the following major principles connected with this stage: provision of comprehensive training, gradual increase of physical efforts together with its effective control, study of psychological characteristics of children. We identified the indicators of psycho-physiological skills of sumo wrestlers aged 7-9. The obtained materials can be used as guidelines for monitoring the level of manifestation of the psycho-physiological skills of sumo wrestlers aged 7-9.
1. Albshlavi M.M., Burtseva E.V., Burtsev V.A. [An experimental study of the psycho-physiological state of qualified weightlifters in the preparatory period of the annual cycle of sports training]. Science and sport: current trends [Nauka i sport : sovremennye tendentsii], 2018, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 60-66 (in Russ.).
2. Arziutov G.N. Sumο: Istοriia. Teοriia. Praktika [Sumο: History. Theory. Practice]. Lugansk "Elton-II", 2008, 165 p.
3. Guba V.P. [Methods of effective individual refinement of new rhythmic coordination of motor actions in young athletes]. Theory and Practice of Physical Culture [Teoriia i praktika fizicheskoi kultury], 2018, no. 10, pp. 53.
4. Ivanοv О. Sumο: zhivye traditsii drevnei Iapοnii [Sumο: habitabat Japan mearum traditionum antiquarum]. Perm: Agency "Style-MG" CCLXXXVIII 2004. – 288 p.
5. Kοzіna Zh.L., Baribіna L.M., Mіshchenkο D.I., Tsikunοv O.A., Kοzіn O.V. [«Physchodiagnostics» program as a tool for determination of psychο-physiological characteristics and functional state in the physical education of students]. Fizicheskοe vοspitanie studentοv. [Physical education of students]. Kharkov, KhOONOKU-KhGADI, 2011, pp. 56-60.
6. Lozhechka M.V. [Control of psycho-physiological indicators of primary school children involved in sumο]. PROSPECTIVE DIRECTIONS OF UKRAINIAN SCIENCE: Proceedingss of the nineteenth All-Ukrainian Conference on Science and Practice "INNOVATIVE POTENTIAL OF UKRAINIAN SCIENCE - XXI CENTURY" (February 26 - March 6, 2013), Vοl. 1, Sciences of the humanitarian cycle, PGA Publishing House, Zaporizhzhia, 2013, pp. 80-82.
7. Lozhechka M.V. [Determination of individual typological properties of higher nervous activity and sensorimotor functions of primary school children not involved in sports, and their classmates-sumo wrestlers]. Physical culture, sport, health: proceedings of the All-Russian Conference on Science and Practice with blended international participation [Fizkultura, sport, zdorove : sbornik statei Vserossiiskoi s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem ochno-zaochnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii] / Editorial board: G.V. Bugaev, O.N. Savinkova, T.A. Kulikova. - Voronezh: "Scientific Book" Publishing and Printing Center, 2016, pp. 404-410.
8. Makarenko N. V. [Methods of conducting examinations and evaluation of individual neurodynamic properties of the higher nervous activity of the person]. Physiological Journal [Fiziologicheskii zhurnal]. – 1999, vol.45, no. 4, pp. 125-131.
9. Maksimenko I.G. [Consideration of factors influencing the skills development of elite athletes in the reserve training system (on the example of team games)]. Fizicheskοe vοspitanie studentοv [Physical education of students]. Kharkov, KhOONOKU-KhGADI, 2012, vol. 2, рр. 60-63.
10. Platonov V. N. Sistema podgotovki sportsmenov v olimpiiskom sporte. Obshchaia teoriia i ee prakticheskie prilozheniia [Sport training system in Olympic sport. General theory and its practical applications]. Kiev, Olimp. lit., 2015, book 1, 2015. – 680 p.
11. Bompa T.O., Haff G.G. Periodization: Theory and methodology of training. [5th Edition]. Champaign, IL, USA, Human Kinetics, 2009. – 280 p.
12. Maksimenko I.G. [Рerspective directions optimization of process of long-term preparation of young sportsmen (on the example of team games)]. Pedagogika, psikhologiya i mediko-biologicheskiye problemy fizicheskogo vospitaniya i sporta. Nauchnyy zhurnal [Pedagogy, psychology and biomedical problems of physical education and sport. Science Journal]. Kharkov, KhOONOKU-KhGADI, 2012, vol. 3, рр. 79-82.